Ever wondered what prams and strollers all the celebrity kids are riding in? If you have bank accounts with their spending limits, you can also get your hands on some of the most exclusive premium strollers in the world.
Keep in mind that some of these are made to order, so you won’t just find them lying around in a local store.
Rather than being a drawback, this is able to make the strollers even more exclusive, allowing you to join the club with patrons like the Duchess of Cambridge – Kate Middleton – Tina Fey, Victoria and David Beckham and many more.
If you are one of those people who are bringing in a six figure paycheck and want the absolute best of everything for their children, you can look at some of the options mentioned in this list and place your order.
However, before you get to the names of the products and the companies that manufacture them, it is important to get an understanding of what a good quality stroller is. To help you with that and answer some of the more frequently asked questions, here is a brief look into strollers.
What Is the Difference Between a Pram and a Stroller?
The term pram and stroller have often been used interchangeably but do they really mean the same things? In some ways, the answer to this yes but there are some significant differences.
- Pram – In reality, pram is the short form of perambulator. This type of a child-carrying four-wheeled carriage dates back to the Victorian era. Prams are traditionally quite large and heavy, and cannot be transported around with great ease. It has been used to carry newborns and toddlers for many decades, but isn’t the most convenient option, as it can’t be folded.
- Stroller – While prams are more commonly used across the pond, the more popular term in North America is stroller. It is acceptable to use the terms interchangeably but strollers are usually lighter than conventional prams.
- In addition to this, strollers are meant to be foldable or collapsible so that they can be carried around with greater ease. While newer strollers are also suitable for newborns, strollers were designed to carry toddlers who could sit up straight.
Different Types of Strollers
There are many different types of strollers that are currently available in the market. Some of these are mentioned below. Keep in mind that the price range and features within each category can also differ vastly.
Traditional Single Strollers
Traditional single strollers are built to carry one child but within this category, you can get a wide number of features.
If maneuverability is your main concern, there are easy-to-handle single strollers.
If you need something that has a good amount of storage space, there are many single strollers, which will give you that.
Travel System Strollers
A travel system stroller is one that comes with a car seat and a car seat base.
Everyone knows how important it is to invest in a good quality car seat that will keep your child safe when you or your partner is driving. Therefore, these can make for great deals.
Side-By-Side Double Strollers
If you have twins or two children who are roughly the same age, a side-by-side stroller may be your best bet. As two seats are attached to the same frame, these strollers look like single strollers but wider.
The problem arises when the weight of both children is drastically different, as the stroller can then be pulled to one direction.
Tandem strollers are also double strollers but one seat is fitted behind the other. They are as wide as single strollers, which makes it easy for them to fit through doors or through aisles in the store.
The only problem with these strollers is that stepping over curbs can get a little complicated.
If you are a runner and want to continue with the activity after having a child, you can invest in a jogging stroller. They have three wheels and are much easier to steer than other strollers.
The handlebar in these is long so that you don’t bump into the stroller while running.
Factors to Consider before Picking a Premium Stroller
Strollers can make your life much easier, if you pick the right one. There are many considerations when this decision is being made.
Most importantly, the age of your child is a significant matter. Here, the major considerations for children in two wide groups will be discussed.
When Your Child Is Under Six Months
Investing in Travel Systems
As discussed before, travel systems consist of a stroller, a car seat and a car seat base.
Many parents consider this option for their newborns as it can last them a long time – not just the initial few months.
However, the size of the car seat can prove to be problematic when your child grows up, which can make this a not very smart investment in the initial stage.
Safety is of utmost importance for very young children as they can get quite naughty and fidgety.
It is important that the stroller that you invest in gives you superior protection against jerks and bumps that can disturb your child.
It is also important that the stroller has a reliable harness.
When the child is under six months old, she or he spends a lot of time sleeping.
For this reason, many parents prefer strollers that come with carry cots.
These let the child lie down flat and have comfortable sleep even as you move the stroller around.
Between Six Months and over Three Years
Type of Terrain
If you live in a big city where using public transportation is the norm, you will have to choose a stroller that is easy to use, not very bulky and foldable.
If you are going to travel by your car, you will need a stroller that is compatible with car seats.
Depending on the terrain that you will be using the stroller on, maneuverability is a major concern.
If you are a runner and are opting for a jogging stroller, ease of steering is an important factor.
You will have to ensure that the stroller you purchase is in line with all the government norms and has all the certifications required for a stroller. This is meant to ensure safety for consumers despite the location where they purchased their stroller.
Most Exclusive Luxury Brand Strollers
There are many affordable strollers available in the market but the cheaper you go, the quality of life of your baby could be compromised.
Now that you know what are the most factors to consider before buying, it is recommended that you invest in a premium stroller that won’t just last you a couple of years, it will last you a lifetime.
In addition to this, these strollers use the best technology and craftsmanship to give your children the best experience possible.
Let’s take a look at some of the most expensive premium strollers below that marry safety with fashion-forward styling:
Silver Cross Balmoral
If you want your children to travel in style, just like Prince George and Princess Charlotte of the British royalty, you can invest in the Silver Cross Balmoral.
Established in 1877, Silver Cross is one of the most exclusive nursery brands in the world with over a century of experience in giving babies utmost comfort and style as soon as they step into the world.
The Balmoral is handcrafted by traditional artisans, who stitch the hood and apron using premium fabrics and other material.
The handle is made of solid wood and there is a big shopping basket that can be clipped on under the stroller.
The interiors are lined with deep padded mattress and a white leather harness ensures that your child is safe inside the pram.
- Emphasis on detailing
- Hand-painted and hand crafted
- Patented C-Spring suspension
- Large shopping basket
- Deep padded mattress
- Premium leather harness
- Solid wood handle
- After care kit
- Certificate of authenticity
- It is one of the most exclusive strollers available on the planet.
- The reason why many people choose Silver Cross is that the company allows you to customize your stroller by choosing the fabric, awning, trim and the interiors.
- The after care kit will allow you to ensure that the stroller stays in the best possible shape even years after you have bought it.
- You can’t just enter a store and buy it. The Silver Cross Balmoral strollers need to be preordered to ensure exclusivity.
- While it is a great stroller for walks in the park, it is quite large and will not fit into the trunk of most luxury cars as it can’t be dismantled.
Silver Cross Surf Aston Martin Edition
Your child deserves the best of everything. She or he may not be old enough to drive an Aston Martin, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get them the most exclusive stroller variant of the British luxury car brand.
Silver Cross, another legendary British company, has partnered with Aston Martin to give you the best combination of luxury and practicality with the Surf Aston Martin Edition.
While the Balmoral was limited to leisurely walks in the park, this stroller aims to please people with more fast-paced lifestyles.
The newborn carrycot ensures that you can use this from the minute you are taking your baby home. It can be replaced with the pushchair seat unit as the child grows older.
In addition to this, you will receive a certificate of authenticity. This means no cheap copycats available on any online platform.
- Lightweight magnesium alloy chassis
- Multipurpose hood and apron
- Pushchair seat unit and newborn carrycot
- 100% sheepskin seat liner
- 100% cashmere baby blanket
- Harness pads
- Tan leather bumper bar
- Certificate of authenticity
- The stroller has Silver Cross’ patented air-ride suspension so that you can be assured of a smooth ride regardless of the terrain you are traversing.
- The Surf Aston Martin Edition stroller boasts of a multi-position handlebar. This ensures maximum comfort for parents, without any worries about height.
- The exclusive bumper bar has the exclusive Aston Martin touch, which can’t be replicated by any other brand.
- This stroller is only available at the Harrods luxury department store in London, so a trip across the pond (or the ocean, depending on where you’re from) may be due.
The Dutch company Bugaboo is known for some of the most exclusive baby strollers in the world, which has made them popular with a host of celebrities like Victoria Beckham, Sienna Miller, Gwyneth Paltrow and the Duchess of Cambridge.
If you are also looking to rub shoulders with the like of Kate Middleton and others, this provides a unique combination of style and comfort.
The Bugaboo Donkey stroller is very easy to assemble because of the instructions that it comes with.
Made with high quality materials, the best part about this stroller is that it can be converted into a two-baby stroller if the need arises.
Suitable for families that are growing, it has a lot of storage space and is very easy to maneuver through any terrain.
- Multipurpose stroller
- Reversible seating
- Front swivel wheels
- Tight turn radius
- Side luggage basket with cover
- Available in multiple colors
- 3-year warranty
- The stroller is light so you don’t have to worry about pushing around a very heavy pram. It can be maneuvered with great ease because of the front swivel wheels and impressive tight turn radius.
- This is the best stroller for growing families as it can be converted into a double stroller quite easily and this allows you to carry both your children in the same pram.
- You can customize the product and have it shipped home without any hassles.
- The seats can be a little small when compared with some of the other expensive stroller options, leaving some room for improvement.
Silver Cross Wave
Another stroller from the house of Silver Cross is the Wave variant. It is different from the Balmoral as it has a more modern look.
In addition to providing your child with foremost comfort and safety, it can be easily converted to a double pram to accommodate a growing family.
Unlike some of the other Silver Cross strollers and prams, the Wave can be bought online as well as in stores across the world.
The Silver Cross Wave stroller uses the company’s One Plus One connection system, which allows you to make use of 16 different stroller, bassinet and car seat configurations – you are literally spoilt for choice!
The seat of the stroller has a jersey-padded liner so that your child can rest in peace while you carry on with your day.
- UPF50+ hood
- Jersey padded seat liner for extra comfort
- Innovative One Plus One system
- Convertible to double pram
- Two mosquito nets
- Two rain covers
- Hard shell shopping basket
- Coordinating fabrics and trims
- The biggest advantage of buying this stroller is that it can be converted from a one-child pram to one that can comfortably house two children. This makes it ideal for twins or babies that are close in age.
- The product is almost an heirloom that can be passed on from generation to generation because of its sturdy construct and evergreen style.
- You can choose between a number of color options like granite, midnight blue, sable and burgundy.
- The Silver Cross Wave isn’t the most luxurious stroller manufactured by the company. There are more exclusive strollers available at Silver Cross.
If you are looking for a stroller that is a favorite amongst celebrities like Tina Fey and Rachel Zoe, Norwegian company Stokke has the right options for you.
Popular for manufacturing children’s furniture and pushchairs, Stokke makes some of the best premium strollers in the world.
The unique selling point of the Stokke Trailz stroller is that it is capable of holding up well in any weather condition because of its special construct. It comes with a ventilated hood and a large, waterproof shopping basket, which can be very helpful if you are taking the stroller out for adventures.
In addition to this, you can choose between the large, air filled rubber wheels or the puncture-free wheels, depending on your specific needs.
With the Stokke Trailz stroller, you can choose between a number of parent-facing and forwards-facing positions so that you can be assured of your child’s safety at all times.
- All terrain stroller
- Complete travel system
- Compact and foldable
- 3 parent-facing positions
- 2 forward-facing positions
- Choice between air filled rubber wheels or puncture-free wheels
- Waterproof shopping basket
- Leatherette handle
- Breathable mattress made with Sorona fibers
- The Stokke Trailz stroller is an all terrain stroller. You can think of it as a SUV for your child as it can traverse even tough surfaces without causing any discomfort to your child.
- The option to choose between the two types of tires allows you to customize the experience that you want.
- The waterproof basket is a welcome addition as it allows you to store many things without worrying about their safety.
- The stroller can get a little bulky if you are going to push it around for longer distances.
- There is no automatic lock for the chassis which can get a little frustrating.
Silver Cross Kensington
Silver Cross is the only stroller manufacturer that has taken four spots on this list. This goes a long way to show the company’s hold over the market of exclusive luxury strollers.
While the Balmoral is the most popular classic pram, the Kensington is growing in popularity because of its relative ease of use and storage. It comes with a detachable body where the chassis can be folded down.
As is the case with the other Silver Cross strollers, the Kensington is also painstakingly designed and hand stitched using the best possible fabrics.
There is a foot-operated brake conveniently placed so that you can have full control of the pram when you are out and about with your baby. Overall, this pram gives you the benefits of modern day usage while retaining the classic look.
- High gloss finish pram body
- Easy-to-use foot brake
- Luxurious leather handle
- Hand-stitched hood and apron
- Large shopping basket
- Deep padded mattress
- White leather harness
- Chrome spoked wheels
- Certificate of authenticity
- The detachable body of the Kensington, combined with the fold-down chassis, makes for a more convenient option than the more popular Balmoral.
- The look of Silver Cross’ traditional stroller is unmatched when it comes to aesthetics because of its classic appearance.
- The Kensington is lined with the best quality materials so that your baby can rest very comfortably.
- At close to 60 lbs, it can be a little bulky when compared to most of the other options on this list.
- The Silver Cross Kensington cannot be used on all terrains.
The new iCandy Peach is a highly functional stroller that combines simple aesthetics with great innovation.
In addition to the one hand fold feature that Peach pushchairs were known for, this product comes with a specialized auto lock function, which ensures that the stroller is locked automatically when it is folded.
This is very helpful when you are out and about and don’t have much help around.
The multifunctional iCandy Peach stroller can be easily converted from a single stroller to a double stroller, depending on your needs. This is particularly helpful for families that are growing or parents with twins.
The all round suspension allows for great comfort and safety when you are carrying your child and there is a large storage basket so that you can maximize the utility of your stroller.
- Convertible from single to double stroller
- Auto fold lock
- Suitable even for newborns
- Leatherette handle and bumper bar
- Elevators included
- Quick release rear wheels
- All round suspension
- One touch buckle
- Large storage basket
- The new iCandy Peach stroller is very easy to use and combines minimalism with practicality.
- You can choose between multiple modes to pick the one that suits your needs, for example, any of the front-facing ones or the parent-facing modes.
- The product is very compact when it is folded down.
- You can convert it into a double stroller with great ease.
- The price doesn’t include the carrycot, so you will have to pay extra to get your hands on one.
- The chassis is a little on the heavier side if you are looking for a lightweight stroller.
Austlen Baby Co. Entourage
Austlen Baby Co. makes one of the best premium strollers in the market. The Entourage stroller is known for its great functionality combined with its stylish looks that will appeal to even the harshest of the critics.
The design of the Entourage stroller is unique as it comes with an extendable frame. This means your simple stroller can be transformed into a vehicle for your child and all your groceries with great ease.
The Entourage stroller has these never-flat tires, so that you don’t have to worry about any punctures, and a heavy suspension. This allows for a much smoother ride for your child, regardless of the terrain that you are on.
This stroller can be converted from a single stroller to a double one and can also carry a good amount of cargo in the expandable market tote and large storage basket at the bottom.
- Height adjustable handle
- 5-position seat recline
- Rotating child arm bar
- Over 30 hand configurations
- Shock absorbing dual suspension
- Never-flat tires
- Generous cargo carriers
- Expandable market tote
- Large storage basket
- The entire frame is very easy to expand and the market tote and storage basket allow you to store things weighing up to 150 lbs.
- The Austlen Baby Co. Entourage stroller can be converted into a double stroller, which is great for twins or growing families.
- The seat of the stroller can be adjusted to 5 different stages of recline, the furthest being the deep recline position.
- This is not a light stroller. It is meant to carry a good amount of weight in the storage spaces, which can make it quite bulky.
If you are a person who enjoys running but can’t think of leaving the baby behind when you go out for a job, the Bumbleride Speed stroller could be the ideal choice for you.
One of the best jogging strollers available in the market, Bumbleride’s Speed variant is lightweight without being weak. It boasts of a strong construction without compromising on the speed that you will be able to achieve.
Available in five different colors, this Bumbleride stroller is equipped with a Speed3 steering, which allows you to run at your own pace without having to adjust to the speed of the stroller.
The Speed stroller can be used all types of terrains, which makes it one of the sturdiest luxury strollers available in the market.
In addition to this, the fabric used to craft most parts of the stroller are eco fabrics, which helps in reducing the plastic that goes into landfills.
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- UPF 45+ canopy with magnetic viewing window
- Utilizes eco fabrics
- Air-filled tires
- All-wheel suspension
- Speed3 steering
- Adjustable TPR handle
- Single level recline
- 3-year warranty
- The biggest advantage of this Bumbleride stroller is the Speed3 steering feature, which will let you enjoy all your runs without worrying about steering the stroller in front of you.
- The Bumbleride Speed comes with ample storage space in the form of the storage basket and multiple pockets.
- The stroller is very compact and has the one-step fold feature so that you can fold it with ease.
- The leg rest on the stroller cannot be adjusted, which is a feature offered by many less expensive strollers.
Britax B-Free & B-Safe Ultra Travel System
The best part about the Britax B-Free & B-Safe Ultra Travel System is that it gives you a good quality stroller as well as a car seat.
The stroller itself is very lightweight and can be folded and stowed away with great ease. It can easily be converted to a double stroller if the need arises, as is the case with many of these premium strollers.
The stroller itself is car seat compatible and the car seat comes as a part of the travel system. It is very easy to install or remove, depending upon your needs.
For parents who are always on the go and want to invest in a travel system that will keep their child comfortable and safe, the Britax B-Free & B-Safe Ultra Travel System is a great option.
- B-Safe Ultra Infant Car Seat and base
- 2 layers of side impact protection for car seat
- B-Free Stroller
- 3-wheel stroller design
- Large storage basket
- 7 storage pockets
- No-flat rubber tires
- Comes with necessary adapters
- This is a lightweight stroller that comes with a car seat to give you the best overall protection for your child.
- The stroller is very easy to handle and can be folded using one hand.
- The travel system has a great safety mechanism in place so that your child can be protected from any jerks or bumps.
- While the company advertises a large storage basket, it can prove to be small for many new parents, especially when compared to a lot of other options on this list.
Investing in a good quality stroller for your child is very important. While many people can’t afford to spend this much on a travel system or stroller, if you are a part of the 1% who can buy these without blinking an eye, you can pick any of these strollers.
The final decision you make will be dependent on a number of factors like the terrain that you will be using it on, the look that you are going for and any other additional features that may appeal to you.
These can be the storage space available, specialized jogger strollers, ability to turn into a double stroller and so on.
All the strollers on this list are premium ones that will not disappoint you, even in the long run!
Let us know in the comments below if we forget any great brands that you use and think should be on this list!